DO YOU HAVE HEALTH CHANGES TO MAKE?
DO YOU WANT TO BE IN CONTROL OF YOUR DIABETES & HEALTH?
DO YOU NEED MOTIVATION & SUPPORT?
WE HAVE THE PROGRAMME FOR YOU!!!
We provide a number of programmes that are tailor made to suit the individual needs of people with diabetes. These programmes are based on techniques and approaches from years of widely recognized, highly regarded, evidence based research and guidelines. With more than 14 years experience working with people with diabetes, Diabetes Insight has a tried and tested approach that is safe and trustworthy, which provides you with choice. Hence the name – Diabetes Choices Programmes!!!
We believe in patient empowerment and choice at Diabetes Insight. This is consistent with the practice of patient-centered care[pull_quote align=”left”]We Believe in Patient Empowerment & Choice at Diabetes Insight[/pull_quote] which is central to the role of Diabetes Self-Management Education. We see you as an equal partner in your care and we arm you with the tools, confidence, understanding and knowledge through our programmes to enable you to make informed decisions in regards to your diabetes management and with your health care providers. Therefore we complement the work of your existing health care providers by helping you to better understand your diabetes.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMMES?
- A better understanding of your diabetes and blood sugar levels
- Normalizing of blood sugar levels and HbA1c
- Understanding the difference between being generally healthy and healthy for diabetes (yes there is a difference!!)
- Lifestyle & Dietary plans that work – no fads, gimmicks, starvation diets, shakes or powders (the only thing you will be shaking is your head in disbelief at how easy it is!!)
- Free equipment and renewal reminders
- Comprehensive, easy to understand programmes that are tailored to suit your needs
- Time, support, expertise, knowledge and information in a comfortable, friendly, informal environment
- Out of hours appointments, weekends and house visits catered for*
- Non-judgemental and non-prejudice environment. We are respectful of all backgrounds, disciplines and opinions.
- All programmes include HbA1c testing (non-fasting, pin-prick test, 6 minute result)
* There is an extra cost for house visits
We provide a variety of programmes to suit your needs. Further Information on the programme of your choice can be got by clicking on each individual programme:
- Pre- Diabetes Programme
- Type 2 Diabetes Programme
- Type 1 Diabetes Programme
- New-2-Insulin Programme
- 12 Week Diabetes Health Fitness Programme in conjunction with Studio Fitness
- Diabetes Online Programme
- Diabetes Maintenance Programme
Each of our programmes (with the exception of the Maintenance Programme) includes the following:
- Initial Consultation (1 hour) – assessment of needs, HbA1c testing, cholesterol, blood pressure, body weight/fat analysis, education, advice, support, equipment, diaries and books provided
- 2 Review appointments (1/2 hour) – These usually occur at 3 months and 6 months subsequently and include the same as initial consultation
- Online & Mobile Phone Support: You will have 24/7 access to support via online or mobile phone as part of the programme. You will receive our weekly newsletter packed with tips, advice and support on the latest events and happenings in the world of diabetes. You will receive first preference invites to events and meetings.
For further information or to book a place on any of our programmes please ring Helena on (086) 1739287 or email: email@example.com to discuss your needs.