Everyone has a story to tell and we would like to hear yours!!! Tell us your story of diabetes, the challenges you have had to overcome, the good days, the bad days, we want to hear it all! We want to hear the inside, day to day real stories from real people living with diabetes so as to help, support and inspire others out there who maybe feeling alone and isolated with their diabetes.
You don’t even have to have diabetes!! Maybe you are a family member, friend, carer, health care professional….let your voice also be heard. Maybe you have been inspired by someone with diabetes and would like to acknowledge them.
Stories must be between minimum 500-1000 words maximum. All stories will be published on both the Helena Farrell Consultancy website and its sister site www.diabetesinsight.ie . The story with the most likes/shares on our Facebook page (Diabetes Insight) and retweets/favorites on our Twitter account (HelenaFarrell77) will win a 100 euro voucher (One4All or iTunes). The ideal present in the lead up to Christmas as the winner will be announced on December 18th 2013.
All stories can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read entries here:
- Diabetes?!!! Oh Let Me Tell Ya All About Diabetes!!! The Story of Being Diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/09/diabetes-oh-let-me-tell-ya-all-about-diabetes-diabetes-stories-competition/
- Diabetic Control is about trying to be better, not about being perfect – A Story of Living with Type 1 Diabetes http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/09/5070/
- Welcome to the Darkside; Leah’s Story of Living with Type 1 Diabetes http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/09/welcome-to-the-darkside-14-yr-old-leahs-story-of-living-with-diabetes/
- Oh You’re Diabetic? But You’re not even that fat? Living with Type 1 Diabetes http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/11/oh-youre-diabetic-but-youre-not-even-that-fat-living-with-type-1-diabetes/
- Racing for a Cure!! http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/11/racing-for-a-cure/
- Diabetes Isolation http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/12/diabetes-isolation/
- I’ll beat diabetes just like I am beating Bipolar http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/12/ill-beat-diabetes-just-like-i-am-beating-bipolar/
- A bit of Touch but Didn’t Go http://diabetesinsight.ie/2013/12/a-bit-of-touch-but-didnt-go/