What is YourDiabetesManagment.net about?
YourDiabetesManagement.net is the online face of a diabetes self-management research study. This 2-week programme is based on Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) and has been tailored by Orla Richardson and Dr. Ian Stewart of NUI, Galway. This study is concerned with examining the usefulness of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) in improving self-management of type 2 diabetes. Research has shown ACT to be potentially beneficial for this purpose and the aim of this study is to develop a further understanding of this. For more information in whats involved go to the following link: http://www.yourdiabetesmanagement.net/#!whats-involved/cv4g
Who can take part?
If you have Type 2 Diabetes you can take part in this online research study for free.
What YourDiabetesManagement.net has to offer you?
• Access to a free ACT-based diabetes management programme
• Informational benefits relating to the management of diabetes
• Materials for ongoing diabetes management
• Greater understanding of the individual’s role in diabetes management
• Training in diabetes management and ACT techniques tailored for diabetes self-management
• Useful contacts and materials for further support
For further information or to take part in the study, please go to: http://www.yourdiabetesmanagement.net/