Another recipe from one of the participants of the Cooking Well for Diabetes Courses. Quick and delicious….lovely after a busy day!
- 125 ml of orange juice
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 100g of lean beef steak
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbs of lemon juice
- 3 spring onions
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 pepper any colour
- 75g of broccoli
- 63g of brown rice
- Mix together the orange juice, olive oil, ginger and vinegar in a small bowl. Cut the steak into strips, add and set aside to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the rice as per packet instructions, omitting additional salt and oil
- Heat a non-stick pan to quite a high heat and add the steak pieces. Keep the meat moving to allow it to seal on all sides.
- Add the soy sauce, lemon juice and spring onion whites an cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced carrot, pepper, spring onion, broccoli flowers and remainder of the orange marinade, cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables are just tender and the steak cooked to your liking.
- Drain the rice and service with the beef and vegetables.
Cooking Well for Diabetes Courses
If you feel you could benefit from further help and assistance or are struggling with the whole concept of cooking for yourself or someone with diabetes, our Cooking Well for Diabetes Course may benefit you!!! This 4 week course provides you with all the tools, resources and aids needed to cook healthy, easily and conveniently for diabetes. All our courses are designed and facilitated by Helena Farrell RGN, MSc Diabetes, who combines medical knowledge, with a passion for healthy eating and cooking.
I can’t recommend these courses highly enough!
Cooking Well for Diabetes is suitable for people with Type 1 & 2 Diabetes, Pre-Diabetes, families and carers of people with diabetes. All courses include a cookery demo with tasters, portion size measurement aids, a copy of the Low GI Diet Book and much much more. If you would like to speak to some of the participants who have benefitted from these courses, we would be more than happy to put you in contact with them.
All our courses are 4 weeks in duration, run 2 hours per week either on a week day evening or a Saturday. If you miss one week, we would be more than happy to facilitate your attendance on another course, so you don’t miss out on any of the course content.
Cost: €100 or pay as you go option of €25 per week. Discounts available (terms and conditions apply)
For further information please click here